Re: Style: future or "the" future?

Subject: Re: Style: future or "the" future?
From: Jacqueline Napier <jacquelinenapier -at- DISCOVERFINANCIAL -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 11 May 1999 12:02:01 -0500

In grammar the adjective 'the' is called the definite article. It points out a particular noun or
pronoun (An and A are indefinite articles. They point to no specific or particular noun or
pronoun.) Native English speakers use adjectives to modify their nouns and pronouns. Using
articles is sometimes a stumbling block for many people who use English as a second language.
Articles make sentences interesting, clearer, and more exact.
--
Jacqueline Napier
Napier Communications

Nyre, Valerie wrote:

> As a resident in Germany for most of my life, I would appreciate the advice of a native english
> speaker for the following minor issue.
>
> Would anybody formulate a sentence as:
>
> "Let's integrate future"
>
> or should we in all cases say: