Re: ownership rights

Subject: Re: ownership rights
From: "Brierley, Sean" <Brierley -at- QUODATA -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 11 May 1999 14:12:09 -0400

Hallo:

I assign the ownership to the company that hires me. I provide all the
files, including the source files, unless there is a maintenance agreement
under which I am to update the files regularly.

However, for the most part, the companies I have worked for have had t.w.
departments and I was picking up the overflow. Those companies that have
tech writers need the source files for future updates. A couple of those
companies that did not have t.w. depts. came back to me for source file
information, requesting freebie updates and tweaks, or with application
support questions. As I had already handed off all the files, I could and
did claim (politely, with an offer of help) that I did not retain a copy of
*their* source files and that I had handed off x number of copies to persons
x, y, and z . . ..

Sean
sean -at- quodata -dot- com

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=