Re: TECHWR-L Digest - 10 May 1999 to 11 May 1999 (#1999-25)

Subject: Re: TECHWR-L Digest - 10 May 1999 to 11 May 1999 (#1999-25)
From: John Wilson <jwilson -at- AMADEUS -dot- NET>
Date: Wed, 12 May 1999 15:49:09 +0100

The burning gates of Hell were opened and the designer of CD packaging
entered to the Devil's fanfare. "We've been waiting for him down here
for a long time," The One of Pure Evil said to his infernal minions,
"but we decided to wait, because he was doing such good work above,
wrapping the CDs with cellophane and that sticky tape strip. Ask him to
dinner and be sure to invite the computer-manual people too."

This is the first paragraph of an article by Steve Martin in the New Yorker
of April 19. The punch line (after mention of side-slip corkscrews and
other difficult devices) is that the CD packaging designer has to open an
aspirin bottle AND extract the cotton wool wad. The computer-manual
people's punishment is not mentioned.

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=