file types - please identify -Reply

Subject: file types - please identify -Reply
From: Kathryn Northcut <KNorthcut -at- TASC -dot- USDA -dot- GOV>
Date: Wed, 12 May 1999 14:00:31 -0600

I was asked a similar question yesterday by a programmer (re: .wml and
.hdml file extensions). Rather than post to the list, since I'd have to spend
four days searching the techwr-l archives looking for any previously
posted info (must not make Eric mad and lose my posting privileges like
my friend did last week), I did a quick search and can recommend to you
the following web site, which does NOT have .lla or .ure extensions
listed (nor the ones I sought, for that matter):
http://www.silicon-alley.com/ext/

It's the Incomplete Dictionary of Filename Extensions. I love it because it's
alphabetical.
Another shorter list is at
www.wisc.edu/helpdesk/osapp/filetypes.html

I'm bookmarking all the lists/indexes of filename extensions I can find, so
if someone finds a more comprehensive one, please let me know!

Now, how to train people NOT to call their files chapter2.bob and
chapter3.peg?

Kathy

>>> SUSAN <Susan -dot- Schwartz -at- PROJECTMATRIX -dot- COM> 05/12/99
01:48pm >>>
Does anyone know what type of files have the extensions of LLA or
URE?

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=
Send commands to listserv -at- listserv -dot- okstate -dot- edu (e.g., SIGNOFF
Find recommended books at
http://www.raycomm.com/techwhirl/books.htm

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=