Engineering equations in Adobe FrameMaker 5.56

Subject: Engineering equations in Adobe FrameMaker 5.56
From: Ed Gomez <egomez -at- KOMINT -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 12 May 1999 14:59:15 -0500

Dear Sirs/Ms:

I am learning to use FrameMaker Version 5.56. This is my third day. I am
getting very familiar with the software, however I've come across a situation
where I have to enter a formula in a table.

The formula, which is a hydraulic/air pressure formula, is as follows:

kg/cm "squared" (PSI)

As you can see, I want to enter the term "squared" as a square root using the
proper square root symbol. There is a wealth of information on mathematical
symbols and expressions, but I don't have the time to research algebraic and
engineering expressions and experimenting by trial and error. I just want to
enter cm "squared" so that the mechanics in the field can read it.

Cordially

Edward J. Gomez
Technical Writer
Komatsu America International Company
440 North Fairway Drive, P.O. Box 8112
Vernon Hills, IL 60061-8112
Phone: (847)-970-5879 Fax: (847)-970-4198
Internet: egomez -at- komint -dot- com (work)
egomezedward -at- netscape -dot- net (home)
edward_gomez -at- my-dejanews -dot- com (message)

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=