Re: web listserv?

Subject: Re: web listserv?
From: "Parks, Beverly" <ParksB -at- EMH1 -dot- HQISEC -dot- ARMY -dot- MIL>
Date: Wed, 12 May 1999 14:51:48 -0700

Hi, Susan.

I subscribe to these two:

1. The Web Design List at Webmonster:
To subscribe, email: webdesign-subscribe -at- list -dot- webmonster -dot- net
or visit <http://www.webmonster.net/lists/subscribe.html>

2. The ACM CHI-Web mailing list:
To subscribe, send mail to LISTSERV -at- ACM -dot- ORG
with the command: SUBSCRIBE CHI-WEB your name
in the body of the message.

They are both excellent lists. Webmonster is busier than CHI-Web (but not
nearly as busy as Techwr-L!). CHI-Web is moderated and more academic than
Webmonster and is geared more toward theoretical discussion than toward
general troubleshooting and helping people. Webmonster is great for asking
questions, everyone there seems very knowledgeable and helpful. Hosting
questions are just as common there as design questions. There is lots of
talent on both lists. Both combined don't equal the email traffic that comes
out of Techwr-L, so I wouldn't hesitate to try both at the same time.

I've also been subscribed to various HTML Writers Guild mailing lists, and I
have even been a list guide on a couple of them. It's my opinion that you
will get more knowledgeable and professional replies and discussion on the
Webmonster and CHI-Web lists.

Bev Parks
parksb -at- emh1 -dot- hqisec -dot- army -dot- mil

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=