Browsers: ASP Display Problems

Subject: Browsers: ASP Display Problems
From: Sheldon Kohn <Sheldon -dot- Kohn -at- GRIZZARD -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 13 May 1999 13:54:27 -0400

Hello All,

I hope that someone on the list has insight into some problems my client
is having. My client has some static reports created as ASP pages that
customers can view online through a browser. Most of the time this works
just fine, but a few customers are reporting problems.

First, some of the customers who use AOL report problems getting the
reports to display in the browser window. I suspect the problem is that
these customers have older versions of the AOL software, but I wonder if
anyone is aware of other issues that might cause a problem for AOL
users.

Second, is anyone aware of issues with Netscape Navigator displaying ASP
pages? If so, is there a specific setting that end-users must set to
allow Navigator to display ASP pages?

Please respond to me off-line, and I will summarize for the list if
there is any interest. This has escalated to a "hot" issue, so I would
appreciate any info ASAP.

TIA!!

Sheldon Kohn
Technical Writing Consultant