Units of Whatever

Subject: Units of Whatever
From: Kathy Ellis <kathy -at- TIBINC -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 14 May 1999 10:55:15 -0700

The algorithm is exactly what I'm looking for!!! Does anyone know what it
is??? (The programmer didn't know and just passed it off as Microsoft's
invention, but that doesn't help me at all. Also, he took off back to parts
unknown and I can't reach him for any more non-helpful advice.) My boss
said I should just say baby steps and daddy steps. Why did I choose this
profession??? Scott Adams, are you reading this one?

Geoff Hart said:

Given these points, I'd suggest you ask your programmer to
>explain the algorithm that the software uses for scrolling the
>map, and base your choice of words on that algorithm (or
>provide us with that additional information so we can take
>another crack at it).

><<And while you're at it...can God make a rock that is too
>heavy for Him to lift?>>

The answer is yes. (Although I wasn't looking for an answer, but was just
venting about the impossibility of the question placed in my lap.)

God makes this really, really heavy rock and then recreates the entire
universe two feet (or unknown units) to the left of where the rock
originally lived.

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=