FW: Samples from *employers* (was: should I say something)

Subject: FW: Samples from *employers* (was: should I say something)
From: "Moore, Tracey" <TMoore -at- PARKERVISION -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 18 May 1999 09:39:11 -0400

I'm not sure I get this:

(After all, if it were good, they might not be looking for someone.)

Even if the docs are great, they may still need help. Maybe they just
lost their best writer. . .

Anyway, the point is an interesting one. I have never asked for samples
of a potential employer's docs. I do always ask for their web site
address so I can check out their company, and to check out the quality
of the site. I have been known to provide some unsolicited criticism
about web sites.

One post said not to provide criticism BEFORE being hired, and this
really depends upon how much of a risk-taker you are. (I'm of the
mindset that there's a lot of work out there, so if I blow this
interview, so be it--you can't please everyone. . .) I've given
criticism in an interview a couple of times before, and I've never
received backlash as a result. Of course, you don't need to be mean. In
my experience, the criticism worked in my favor--the interviewer saw me
as someone who's knowledgeable and conscientious.

So since this approach worked for me with corporate web sites, why not
with their docs? I just may ask to see their docs next time.

Some advice: never give criticism unless you know what you're talking
about. Otherwise, you're just shooting your mouth off. Make sure the
criticism is actually useful--be objective and leave your "who gives a
crap" opinions at home. (This advice may extend beyond the interview.
Mmmm, I'll have to ponder that.)

Have a fabu day!

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=