Re: Guide name quandary...nay...quagmire

Subject: Re: Guide name quandary...nay...quagmire
From: Jeff Jungblut <jeff -at- PORT-CHARLES -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 18 May 1999 10:11:12 -0700

On 5/18/99 9:33 AM, Darren Barefoot (dbarefoot -at- MPS-CANADA -dot- COM) wrote:

>What should we call the end-user manual:
>
>Users Guide
>-or-
>User's Guide
>-or-
>Users' Guide
>-or-
>User Guide
>
>I couldn't find a standard anywhere, and we're at our wit's end. Well,
>certainly toward our wit's end. Past the halfway point of our wit, at least.

In looking through my boxes of software manuals, the most common usage I
found was "User's Guide." Apple and Claris manuals use this form and
it's what I prefer. I found one each from Adobe and UMAX named "User
Guide" ("User Manual" seems to be fairly common also). I don't have any
named "Users Guide" or "Users' Guide."

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=