Senior Tech Writer needed in San Francisco-- International travel included in the job!

Subject: Senior Tech Writer needed in San Francisco-- International travel included in the job!
From: Amy Lodato <a -dot- lodato -at- INTERSHOP -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 18 May 1999 15:54:58 -0700

Title: Senior Tech Writer needed in San Francisco-- International travel included in the job!

* Cutting-Edge Technology and International Travel for the Right Writer! *

Job opening for senior tech writer:

Our company has a great job for a crack writer with programming knowledge--full-time in San Francisco, with a two-month trip to Eastern Germany.

INTERSHOP Communications, Inc., a leading developer of e-commerce software, is looking for an exceptionally articulate and incisive writer to join our technical documentation team. We're an exciting mid-size start-up, based in San Francisco's SOMA.

Responsibilities :

This writer will initially be responsible for developer docs and API documentation for a new Java-based e-commerce application. As part of the writing team, they may also design/develop user guides and online help for a more general audience. We use a variety of software tools (including Microsoft Word, FrameMaker 5.5 and RoboHelp). INTERSHOP users range from Java developers to system administrators to mom-and-pop operations, so our writers must be able to convey complex information to both technical and non-technical audiences.

Required :

* Must be CURRENTLY eligible to work in the United States (i.e. US Citizen, Permanent Resident or Green Card holders only.)

* Excellent writing, organization, and communication skills

* Proven experience writing API and developer documentation

* Familiarity with MS Word, FrameMaker, online help tools

* Relentless curiosity, attention to detail, and ability to learn new  products quickly

* Ability to work independently or as a team member

* Ability/desire to live overseas (Jena, Germany) for up to three months for an initial project

*Familiarity with Java concepts and coding language

Desired :

* A B.A. in English or equivalent

* Familiarity with electronic commerce, HTML, and database handling all useful

* German language would be a bonus but not required

Please contact me directly (a -dot- lodato -at- intershop -dot- com) if you're interested.

Best regards,

Amy A. Lodato, Manager, Product Documentation
a -dot- lodato -at- intershop -dot- com

INTERSHOP Communications, Inc.
600 Townsend St., Top Floor West
San Francisco, CA 94103