Rushing the deadline?

Subject: Rushing the deadline?
From: Geoff Hart <Geoff-h -at- MTL -dot- FERIC -dot- CA>
Date: Thu, 20 May 1999 08:33:57 -0400

David Thompson reports <<...a deadline for On line help
for Friday evening. Thats suits me fine and everything was
planned to meet this deadline. However, it is now Wednesday
and "they" are still throwing stuff at me to put in the Help. Is
this common? If so, what do you do?>>

Based on my membership on this list (almost 6 years now!),
this seems--to a greater or lesser degree--to be fairly common.
Console yourself with the fact that even poorly written and
presented information is better than no information at all--and
that you can probably do better than "poorly written and
presented".

If they're still throwing things at you with only two days until
the deadline, I'd bet that the software won't be ready by
Friday either. (In fact, it probably won't truly be ready to ship
for another month or two, which I'd estimate is the time
required to debug all that last-minute coding. This won't stop
them from shipping it Friday, of course. Welcome to the
Microsloth school of development management.)

--Geoff Hart @8^{)} Pointe-Claire, Quebec
geoff-h -at- mtl -dot- feric -dot- ca

"If pro is opposite of con, then what is the opposite of progress?"--Anon. (possibly Richard Lederer
)

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=