Re: low-tech cross platform

Subject: Re: low-tech cross platform
From: "David M. Brown" <dmbrown -at- BROWN-INC -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 21 May 1999 11:35:36 -0700

On WinHelp-L, Fred Wersan wrote:

> I embedded index keywords ... and [created a script that] wrote out an
> alphabetized index ...
>
> I'd rather have some canned tools that did this for me and did it more
> elegantly ...

That would be HTML Indexer, at least for the index. :)

Version 3.0 adds options for HTML Help (.hhk) and JavaHelp (.xml) indexes.
(It's currently in beta test and on-schedule for mid-June release.)

With version 3.0, you'll be able to create the classic back-of-the-book index Mr. Wersan describes, along with a standard index "tab" for your help project with no extra effort.

Watch the URL below for news next month.

--David

David M. Brown - Brown Inc.
dmbrown -at- brown-inc -dot- com

N O W A V A I L A B L E ! http://www.html-indexer.com/

Try HTML Indexer, the easiest way to create and maintain real
back-of-the-book indexes for web sites and other HTML documents.

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=