Re: Rumors of FrameMaker's Death are Untrue, says Adobe

Subject: Re: Rumors of FrameMaker's Death are Untrue, says Adobe
From: Todd Sieling <tsieling -at- DIRECT -dot- CA>
Date: Sat, 22 May 1999 16:47:47 -0700

I have to second Mr. Barefoot's points on the intuitiveness of Word over
Frame. I would like to add another, more generalized way in which Word is
far more approachable by an outsider: the simple fact that you can move
table borders, graphics, words, sentences and paragraphs by clicking and
dragging (or dragging and dropping if you prefer a more rugged way of
putting it). Using the mouse to redefine the positions and sizes of various
objects compared with the tedium of mucking about in a dialog box with
numeric measurements is, I think, a good example of how software can in fact
be intuitive.

Todd Sieling

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=