Distance Learning - Thank you!

Subject: Distance Learning - Thank you!
From: Natalia Gorodetsky <Natalia -at- WIZTEC -dot- CO -dot- IL>
Date: Tue, 25 May 1999 16:37:11 +0200

Title: Distance Learning - Thank you!

Thanks a lot for all the people who provided me with the useful information on the on-line courses in TW. I have to apologyze that it took me that long to post the summary, but I've been extremely busy here lately.

I've been asked by several people to summarize the postings. The following are the results of the "survey:"

Texas Tech University (Masters program, was recommended by 8 people):
http://english.ttu.edu/tc/DL/

Utah State University (Masters in TW - 4 postings):
http://english.usu.edu/dept/instruction/online/TechWriting/index.htm

Sheffeild Hallam University, UK - MA in Technical Authorship (3-4 year postgraduate course, 1st year - certificate, 2nd - diploma, 3d - degree; 4 responses):

http://www.shu.ac.uk/schools/cs/ta/html/homepage.htm
Coordinator:   Anne-Florence Dujardin
Tel:  +44 114 253 2351/2270
Fax:  +44 114 253 2344
email: a-f -dot- dujardin -at- shu -dot- ac -dot- uk

UCLA - a certificate (3 responses)
www.onlinelearning.net

University of Maryland - Communication Studies with an emphasis in Technical Communication:
http://www.umuc.edu

Christchurch Polytechnic in New Zealand, a graduate diploma course:
Alison Sanders email Sandersa -at- rimu1 -dot- chchp -dot- ac -dot- nz

University of Minnesota:
rhetoric.agoff.umn.edu

Austin Community College
<http://www.austin.cc.tx.us/mcmurrey/>