Story board and creative concepts software?

Subject: Story board and creative concepts software?
From: "C. Higgins" <cwhitnah -at- NETMEG -dot- NET>
Date: Tue, 25 May 1999 16:29:27 -0400

Anyone know of any good - no, what's the best! - software to use to create
a storyboard for animated and text software to give to the animators and
programmers to use to write a 30 miniute software. I've been hired with my
partner to create software modules for managerial training - probably be
downloaded onto franchise workstations by the home office. We are not
writing the documentation or the programming script, we are doing the
creative concept, dialog and video direction for the techs to make happen.
This is a real switch - I have always been the documentor of works in
progress that don't work conceptually, now i get to create something i know
will work! Pretty cool.

We are using word in text boxes to create a story board, but it's awkward
to change or edit later. And forget Powerpoint, I think. I am trying to get
to where I can create a page with, say, four screen shots with video
direction text on the left and audio dialog or direction and soundeffects
texted on the right. Any ideas?

Tanks!

Cheryl L. Higgins, Principal
Ensemble Productions