Re: Problem With Microsoft Word97?

Subject: Re: Problem With Microsoft Word97?
From: Pierre Roberge <proberge -at- FAMICTECH -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 28 May 1999 09:50:57 -0400

I can relate to your problems using Word97. One thing that helped so much
that I don't have any more problem with it anymore. I can edit 200 pages
document containing 200+ picture included in my document not linked with a
pentium 120 with 64 megs of ram. What I do was to clean the windows/temp
and tempoprary internet file directories often and I went into the system
setting and forced Windows to reserve 100mb of virtual memory. 100mb
minimum and 100mb maximum. That corrected alot of problems. Windows seems
to manage virtual memory very poorly.

I recently got a Pentium II 350 with 128 megs of ram and did the same thing
with the virtual memory

Pierre Roberge

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=