Re: PDF screenshots and Word

Subject: Re: PDF screenshots and Word
From: "Brierley, Sean" <Brierley -at- QUODATA -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 28 May 1999 14:19:12 -0400

Hallo:

As far as I know, Word's anti-aliasing causes no problems with PDF
generation.

PDFwriter is a poor choice for making PDF only if you have purchased the
Distiller software. Otherwise, PDFwriter is the only choice.

I recommend purchasing Adobe Acrobat's complete software set.

Failing that, open the PDFwriter properties and set scaling to 100 and
resolution to 600. Select compression and turn off compression. Choose
Acrobat 3.0 compatibility. Turn off ASCII format and turn off downsample.
Try recreating the PDF using PDF writer.

If the graphics still look poor, zoom into the graphic. If the graphic looks
fine when magnified, live with the limitations of PDF.

If the graphics still look poor, print the PDF. If the PDF prints as poorly
as it looks, then something is amiss. If the PDF prints well, live with the
limitations of PDF on-screen.

Oh, if you aren't already, try using Acrobat v4 to browse the PDF.

Try getting into the Acrobat user group via Adobe support.

All the best.

Sean
sean -at- quodata -dot- com

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=