jobs - Seattle, Washington area

Subject: jobs - Seattle, Washington area
From: Tameiko Davis <TameikoD -at- MPL -dot- NET>
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 1999 12:52:11 -0700

Title: jobs - Seattle, Washington area

Meridian Partners Limited, located near Seattle, WA, is a Microsoft Certified Solutions Provider, specializing in e-business solutions, custom software development, commercial Internet services, consulting and project management. We are privately held and growing at an amazing rate (300% in the past year alone). In fact, this year we were ranked # 1 by the Puget Sound Business Journal on their list of Fastest-Growing Companies by Employee Growth in the state of Washington.

Meridian is always actively looking to recruit the best and the brightest from around the world. Our employees work with clients such as Microsoft, Intel, Ernst & Young, and Boeing as well as many smaller, cutting edge software companies such as Punch Networks. Meridian builds development teams that include Web Developers, Software Design Engineers, Technical/Programmer Writers, Program/Project Managers, and Systems Analysts. With more than 150 open jobs at any given time, we hire 20 - 25 new consultants per month.

Meridian employees are full-time salaried professionals with comprehensive benefits. Our compensation packages include medical, dental, vision and life insurance, matching 401(K), paid vacation, sick leave and holidays. In addition, we provide a flexible work environment, free Internet access, ongoing training and career development, tuition reimbursement, assistance with sponsorship and relocation, and stock options.

We offer a healthy referral bonus to anyone who recommends a candidate for employment that Meridian hires. Here are some of our current positions that we have available:

Networking Writer - Writer needed to document augmentation of server technologies with wireless technologies. An in-depth understanding of networking technologies is required. The ideal consultant will also have experience with Exchange Server, Internet protocols and advanced web applications.

Programmer Writer - Create documentation for the new Data Mining component of SQL Server. Data mining is a technology that enables searching for interesting patterns in data and is part of a broader category known as Knowledge Discovery in Databases (KDD). The Data Mining project will build algorithms to analyze and categorize data to determine interesting relationships among data elements. The documentation for the Data Mining project will include conceptual material and technical information for programmers and application developers, and possibly help topics for user interface elements. Documentation will include explanations of basic notions for

deriving models (statistical summaries) from data and how such models can be used to predict events in new data sets. Documentation of interfaces and objects will include creating code examples and samples in Visual Basic and/or C++. The interface will be based on OLE Automation and will include extensions to OLEDB. Qualification requirements: outstanding technical writing skills; experience in organizing technical information for a technical audience; and experience in organizing and writing programmer reference documentation. Technical requirements: experience with relational databases and programming experience in Visual Basic or C++ object oriented projects, preferably in an OLE DB or ADO environment. Computer Science or related degree or work related experience. Mathematical background a plus. Knowledge of Windows NT preferred but not required. Ability to research answers in and derive documentation from specifications and product source code. Must be able to work closely with the development team and user education team.

Networking Writer - We are seeking a few seasoned Technical Writers to write Network Administration guides, SDK's and technical white papers on server technology. Experience with network operating systems required. NT Server experience is preferred. The ideal writers will be able to work independently as well as part of a team. A Bachelor's degree in Technical Communications, Journalism, English or related field is required.

Technical Editor - Enthusiastic editor needed for dynamically charged group. This position focuses on Virtual Worlds 2D and 3D programming environment platform documentation.  Qualified person must be familiar with developer-oriented materials, multiple builds, HTML help, and raw HTML tags in topics. This person will provide editorial support to other technical editors, programmer editors, and writers. The editor will be responsible for online documentation, layout, and pop-up glossaries. This person will also ensure compliance with corporate and group editorial style standards. Skills required: 2-3 years editing experience in an online, Web, or print environment. Demonstrated knowledge of grammar, spelling, and style required. Excellent communications skills required, as well as the ability to follow complex instructions. The ability to meet deadlines is essential. Familiarity with VB and _vbscript_ programming languages required.   Knowledge of MSTP a plus. Bachelor's degree in Technical Communications, English Literature, Journalism and/or a related field preferred. Writing ability a major plus.

Meridian's strength is the talent, expertise, and character of its employees, who lead the industry in creating next generation software products, applications, and Web-based solutions for the top companies in the Northwest. Send your resume to recruiter -at- mpl -dot- net or visit us at http://www.mpl.net and see what other great opportunities we have available!