Re: Making up for lack of a degree?

Subject: Re: Making up for lack of a degree?
From: Ben Kovitz <apteryx -at- CHISP -dot- NET>
Date: Sat, 5 Jun 1999 21:43:18 -0600

One very effective strategy I've seen for communicating that you have the
skills even if you don't have a degree is to bring a sample of your work to
the interview. In fact, you should do this even if you do have a degree.
I and most people I've ever worked with give much more weight to the
quality of work that you've produced than any other kind of credential.

--
Ben Kovitz <apteryx -at- chisp -dot- net>
Author, _Practical Software Requirements: A Manual of Content & Style_

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=