Re: Menu Options

Subject: Re: Menu Options
From: "Parks, Beverly" <ParksB -at- EMH1 -dot- HQISEC -dot- ARMY -dot- MIL>
Date: Mon, 7 Jun 1999 07:55:33 -0700

I have a feeling that this is going to be one of those "it's a personal
choice, make a decision and be consistent" things. But here's my reply,
anyway...

I use ">" and I leave out the "menu option" part:

1. Select File > Save As.

When the menu path is deeper, I give the whole path:

1. Select Resources > Personnel > Pay Factors.

Lots of people use the pipe character "|" instead of ">".
I prefer ">" because it implies direction.

Bev Parks

[snip] So ... which is better:

> 1. Select the File -> Save As... menu option.
>
> 2. Select the File - Save As... menu option. (n-dash)
>
> 3. Select the File -- Save As... menu option (m-dash)
>
> 4. Select the File > Save As... menu option.
>
> 5. Some other way?
>
> Does it make a difference if it is a three-deep menu option? (i.e. Select
> the File -> Save As ... -> Keenfile Graphic menu option.)

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=