OFF TOPIC: Apology - virulent book

Subject: OFF TOPIC: Apology - virulent book
From: Andrew Plato <intrepid_es -at- YAHOO -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 7 Jun 1999 11:14:37 -0700

Please excuse this off topic message.

For everyone that downloaded my book, Over-Informed & Under-Enlightened I want
to thank you for your comments. While some have been brutal - it was exactly
what I was hoping for. I will make sure to credit everyone that has been
helpful.

I was informed this morning that the Word doc had a virus. Specifically the
W97M.Class virus. A particularly irksome, although not fatal virus that makes
file sizes balloon.

I sincerely apologize to anyone who got this virus. Although I had the most
recent virus DAT files, my McAfee scanner never detected it. Someone with
Norton AntiVirus detected it.

McAfee has a protection template for this virus at:
http://www.avertlabs.com/public/stand_alone/

Also, Norton AntiVirus seems to detect and eradicate this. McAfee does not. I
guess Network Associates' financial troubles are beginning to affect their
ability to keep up with the latest viri. I's like to punch the director of the
AnitVirus division, he is about two blocks from my office.

I have uploaded a new, virus free version of the book at
www.anitian.com/samantha

If you downloaded the PDF version, it is virus free.

Once again, I sincerely apologize. These damn viruses are everywhere. Please
respond directly to me and not the list regarding all comments.

Andrew Plato
President / Principal Consultant
Anitian Consulting, Inc.

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=