Any UNIX users out there?

Subject: Any UNIX users out there?
From: Christine Pellar-Kosbar <chrispk -at- MERIT -dot- EDU>
Date: Mon, 7 Jun 1999 18:06:03 -0400

Hi,

Several weeks ago, I asked about a documentation program that would:
-work for Windows and UNIX
-create files in both HTML and PDF
-import HTML
-allow conditional text

FrameMaker was the most-often suggested, but Frame (apparently) does not import
HTML or export it well. I heard some suggestions to go through Word on either
end.

Well, the developers here want to use their Free UNIX versions, which Frame does
not support. The Windows users are willing to switch to UNIX for documentation
(we have to anyway for other reasons). So, the suggestion in-house is now that
we use LYX (LaTeX) or TexInfo with help from importation and exportation
software.

Has anyone out there tried this? Is it going to be a huge pain?

Christine Pellar-Kosbar
Technical Writer
Merit Network, Inc.

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=