Re: Programming???

Subject: Re: Programming???
From: Michael Andrew Uhl <uhl -dot- mike -at- EPA -dot- GOV>
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 1999 09:31:45 -0400

Programming knowledge is definitely a help. However, this does not mean
in any way shape or form, that good programmers make good technical
writers; or, that bad programmers make good technical writers.
Understanding programming concepts and the nut and bolds of coding help
us ask the right questions and anticipate pitfalls.

Cheers.

-Mike
--
Michael Andrew Uhl (mailto:uhl -dot- mike -at- epa -dot- gov)
Lockheed Martin - U.S. EPA Scientific Visualization Center

Tom Huffman wrote:

> Having recently changed careers from academia to tech
> writing and conducting my first tech writing job search, I'm
> amazed at how many jobs ask for programming experience. Is
> there really any significant number of tech writers who, in
> addition to the skills required to succeed even as a very
> technically oriented writer, know how to write C++ code?
>
> --
> Tom Huffman
> tlhuffman -at- earthlink -dot- net
> Corel C_Tech Volunteer