employment advice sought - please send off list

Subject: employment advice sought - please send off list
From: FAQ Master <faq_master -at- HOTMAIL -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 1999 10:03:06 PDT

This is a long story, so I'm shortening. Hope no one minds...

Have been vicariously lurking via a friend's subscription. Decided to ask a
question, since all are so knowledgeable about employment and interviews.
Wondered if anyone can advise on the following:

Currently working on contract doing job I like, and do very well. Contract
supposedly ends in September, but management has been muttering about
extending until March.

Recently got a call about doing job I love, for $6 more an hour, closer to
home. Haven't had the interview yet, but need to think about what to do when
I get hired...

Problem? How do I warn my current employer I _may_ be leaving, without
telling them about this offer? How do I leave them looking for someone else
to fill my shoes?

Both are contracts, both are good jobs, both are in my area(s) of
expertise...

Please don't clutter the list with responses, just send them to me, and I'll
summarize for you later.

And thanks in advance...

Jerry Cooper-Reid
CEO, FAQ Master Extraordinaire
Master of all I survey (and it ain't much)

"Ask and ye shall receive, clam up, and you can forget you ever wanted to
know..."

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=