Re: What kind of names do you make up?

Subject: Re: What kind of names do you make up?
From: Laura Hardy <Laura_Hardy -at- PROGRESSIVE -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 1999 13:33:37 -0400

Hi -

Since August, I've been writing user manuals for a claims database used
within the auto insurance industry, and our department just delights in
inventing names to use for practice claims. Like the person who wrote about
using the names of former boyfriends, girlfriends, teachers, and others, we
also use those names, in addition to names of pets, celebrities, and
fictional characters. We especially like to tie names in with the auto
insurance theme, so there are names like Jay Walker, Minnie Driver, and
Broke N. Legg. Making up names allows us to add levity to a sometimes dry
project. As for using my own name, I probably wouldn't do that, simply for
security reasons.

Laura Hardy
Tech. Writer
Cleveland, OH