Re: What kind of names do you make up?

Subject: Re: What kind of names do you make up?
From: "Susan W. Gallagher" <sgallagher -at- EXPERSOFT -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 1999 12:09:21 -0700

At 11:50 AM 6/10/99 -0700, Kathleen Kuvinka wrote:
>Does anybody think that using silly names for sample data may look
>unprofessional?
>
>I'm not making a judgement, it's just a thought.

It mostly depends on the audience, I suppose. I haven't had to make up
names in a long time, but back in my training days, Phil O'Dendron,
Les Dance, and Justin Case were regular players in my docs. Classroom
reaction was favorable; students appreciated a little levity in what
was otherwise a dull subject. And if the puns were lost on anyone, the
names were still acceptable made-up names.

-Sue Gallagher http://pw1.netcom.com/~gscale/susanwg/
sgallagher -at- expersoft -dot- com http://www.expersoft.com

The _Guide_ is definitive.
Reality is frequently inaccurate. --Douglas Adams

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=