Re: Letting Off Steam

Subject: Re: Letting Off Steam
From: Julie Comstock-Fisher <julief -at- PDAINC -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 1999 15:46:00 -0500

<snip>

> I've gotten it back after the 3rd review and I have
> discovered that one of
> the engineers
> spent a chunk of their precious time TAKING ALL OF MY LITTLE
> EDITS OUT!!

Ack. I usually only distribute PDF files for review now. They don't
really take any more time to generate than hard copy, plus I can send
them out via email. People print out their own (which saves me having
to hike all over the building distributing hard copy) and edit, then
return the edits to me. I don't have to merge several electronic
versions, and I don't have anybody fooling with my stuff.

This is particularly important to me when we're talking about typeset
docs, such as brochures or marketing materials. I don't want any goofy
people messing with a program they don't understand and ruining my pretty
layout. :-)

I hate Outlook, btw. Some of the mildly cool things it used to do are
now harder or impossible in Outlook 97. Yuck. I just needed to share
that. :-)

Julie Comstock-Fisher Documentation Manager
julief -at- pdainc -dot- com PDA, Inc.
I love deadlines. I especially like the whooshing sound they make
as they go flying by. Douglas Adams

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=