Re: What kind of FILE names do you make up?

Subject: Re: What kind of FILE names do you make up?
From: Arran Stewart <Arran -dot- Stewart -at- LBC -dot- COM -dot- AU>
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 1999 09:27:32 +1000

This is probably MS's reasoning. However the derivation of the names is
obscure - see the Jargon Files entries at, inter alia,
http://www.tuxedo.org/~esr/jargon/frames/foo.html and
http://www.tuxedo.org/~esr/jargon/frames/foobar.html.

And note that FUBAR is a perfectly acceptable acronym for a VAX's Failed
UniBus Address Register. :-)

-- AS

Arran Stewart
LBC Information Services