Dash in PDF documentation

Subject: Dash in PDF documentation
From: Nana Kato <nanakato -at- MA4 -dot- JUSTNET -dot- NE -dot- JP>
Date: Sun, 13 Jun 1999 20:48:21 +0900

Dear subscribers:

When I create PDF documents from Word documents, I found that
dash (--) cannot be properly converted; it turns to be a gray
long underbar in a PDF document. First I thought this was due to the font I used in
the word document. I first used Century (true type font) and since
this malfunction was found, I tried to use Bookman Light (true type font),
but in vain. I may be able to correctly convert "dash" if I select other font,
but I prefer longer dash. (TimesNewRoman or BookAntique has unstylish
short dash.)
If any of you have a solution, please let me know.