Re: CorelDraw Q

Subject: Re: CorelDraw Q
From: Geoff Lane <geoff -at- GJCTECH -dot- FORCE9 -dot- NET>
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 1999 11:10:36 +0100

Damien,
[snip]>>
What I'd like to do is have text fit inside a shape (e.g, a circle) as
if it was a text box and automatically wrap around in the circle (as it
would in
a "normal" rectangular text box). I know how to do it in Illustrator (not
much
help!) and I'd be surprised if it can't be done in Corel Draw but i'm a bit
flummoxed as to how to do it. Is it possible? How?!!
<<
---

The only way that I've done this (Corel Draw 6) is with a little lateral
thinking. You can wrap text around an object. Thus, if you create an
object with a hole in it, the text will wrap to fit the hole. For example:

1. Create a circle and enclose it in a rectangle.
2. Select both objects and choose Arrange->Combine. You now have a
rectangle with a circular hole.
3. Right-click the combined object and choose Properties. In the General
tab, select Wrap Paragraph Text.
4. Select the Paragraph Text tool and create a text box that lies within the
rectange and outside the circle.
5. Type away.

When you've finished typing, you can hide the combined object by setting
both fill and line styles to none.

HTH,

Geoff Lane
Cornwall, UK
geoff -at- gjctech -dot- force9 -dot- net

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=