Re: Telecomm writing vs. Software writing

Subject: Re: Telecomm writing vs. Software writing
From: "Campbell, Art" <artc -at- NORTHCHURCH -dot- NET>
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 1999 09:49:58 -0400

I've found the main difference is hardware writing vs. software writing, not

telco industry vs. software industry. Telco is very much equipment-based,
the
software is there mainly to make the equipment do tricks. ;-) There are
exceptions
as you move toward the end user, bot for almost anything beyond the desktop,
there's hardware directly involved.

There is a new language to learn -- lots of new acronyms and such, but
Newton's Telecom Dictionary should answer most of those questions.

With the possible exception of heavily style-policed documentation styles
used by
Bleacher and the BIG companies, if you can write tight, write bright, and
write right, you won't have any problems in either field, or moving back
and forth between the two.

Art

Art Campbell
Technical Publications