JOB: Entry-Level in Fredericton, NB, Canada

Subject: JOB: Entry-Level in Fredericton, NB, Canada
From: "J. Fraser" <tekwrite -at- ISTAR -dot- CA>
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 1999 16:38:42 -0300

Entry-Level Technical Writer
Fredericton, New Brunswick, Canada
MUST BE ABLE TO RELOCATE

The Company:
==========
We have been developing and providing spatial information and GIS
solutions
for marine- and land-based industries for 20 years. We have developed a
comprehensive
set of software products with a world-wide clientele. Our flagship suite
of products
runs under MS Window 95/98/NT and UNIX Operating Systems.

The technical writing department currently has three writers and is
quickly expanding
to meet the demands of the company and our customers.

The Job:
======
Write and edit complex software documentation for both print and online.
You must
be willing to wear two hats: one as a member of the Technical Writing
group and
one as an integral part of your assigned development team.

Required Qualifications:
=================
- recent graduate of a technical writing or English program
- proven capability to learn complex technical material
- good knowledge of "tools of the trade"
- excellent writing and editing skills (you must be able to provide
samples of your work)
- desire to contribute to documentation standards and quality
documentation

Nice-to-Have Qualifications:
====================
- experience with FrameMaker and ForeHelp
- some HTML experience
- an understanding of the software development life cycle

Please reply directly to me (tekwrite -at- istar -dot- ca) with resume, cover
letter, and
a few brief samples (Word, FrameMaker or PDF preferred).

Judy. L. Fraser, B.Sc.
Senior Documentation Coordinator
CARIS-Universal Systems Ltd.
http://www.universal.ca