Re: PostScript Versions

Subject: Re: PostScript Versions
From: "Brierley, Sean" <Brierley -at- QUODATA -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 1999 12:02:47 -0400

Hallo:

I am unclear about what you ask.

GhostView lets you see what? a PDF? a PS printfile?

When you say you are using Adobe PostScript version 5, do you mean you
created a PS printfile? or PDF? using Adobe's PS printer driver version 5.0?
5.1? for Windows NT?

Would you mind giving us/me a bigger picture? Thanks. I assume that all is
clear to GhostView users, but I am not one.

However, I have encountered what might be a similar issue:

In Win Nt 4 SP3 or 4 using Adobes PS driver version 5.0 or 5.1 and TrueType
fonts: Fonts display incorrectly in PDF files created from FrameMaker.
Rumors are that "SP5" and the 5.1 PS driver have fixed this but I have not
seen SP5 and I can verify that SP3 and version 5.1 of the PS driver still
cause this error. The problem is with the rasterising of the TrueType fonts.
The solution is to use Microsoft's PS driver and *not* Adobe's for Windows
NT. Thus, I installed the Techtronix Phaser 340 600 dpi PostScript driver
off the WinNT CD.

Good luck.

Sean
sean -at- quodata -dot- com