Re: Reader Survey

Subject: Re: Reader Survey
From: "Bowes, Rebecca A" <Rebecca -dot- A -dot- Bowes -at- WGP -dot- TWC -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 1999 12:29:46 -0500

At a previous job, I helped put together a survey for our doc
department that was published on our technical support web site. The support
folks were nice enough to put a link to the survey on the support home page;
they also helped us with scripting. The survey was on the site for four
weeks. We offered everyone who responded a chance to win a t-shirt and held
a drawing to pick the winners. It doesn't sound like much of an incentive,
but the support site was very well visited and we got literally thousands of
replies. It took me forever to put the data into a database (which we should
have automated, but didn't), but the information was very helpful.

Rebecca