Re: Framemaker and subscript

Subject: Re: Framemaker and subscript
From: Lauren Swerdlove <c_lswerd -at- QUALCOMM -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 1999 11:33:08 -0700

Sarah,

Character style formatting is retained in a generated list of paragraphs,
such as a TOC, but a generated index uses the text entered in the Marker
Text dialog box; it does not pull in text directly from the document, so
formatting applied there will not show up in the index. I don't know of any
way to apply character formatting to text in the Marker Text dialog box, so
you may be stuck with manual formatting after the index is generated.

Sorry I can't help with this one. Maybe someone else knows of a solution?
Lauren

At 10:39 AM 6/16/99 -0700, you wrote:
>I have a similar problem, in that I am trying to generate an index of special
>terms used in a document (variable names, for example). These terms usually
>have sub- or superscripts. I have defined these as character styles, as
Lauren
>suggests, but the generated list does NOT retain the sub- or superscript
>formatting. Am I doing something wrong?

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=