Re: Getting Information

Subject: Re: Getting Information
From: Marilyn Flax <Marilyn_Flax -at- PRESENCE -dot- COM -dot- AU>
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 1999 14:44:17 +1000

How would you present a documentation presentation? I've been toying with
the idea but the developers are working to extremely tight schedules and it
may take too much time to describe the manual and then invite discussion.
Any advice?

My favourite way to get information is to observe users while they are
working, or sit in on training sessions.
My usual way is to figure the product out for myself - time consuming for me
but does not require time from developers. Then, after I know a fair amount,
I am able to ask developers more detailed questions, and they are usually
more willing to help when they see that I know what's what.