Re: "Ability" or "allows"

Subject: Re: "Ability" or "allows"
From: Doug Nickerson <doug_nickerson -at- ONSETCOMP -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 1999 13:03:53 -0400

Dear John,

When they brought in the real tech writer to help me out last April, she
preferred:

"Project X enables you to graph multiple plots in the same plot window."

I had written "allows you to" everywhere in a certain User's Guide.
To her ear, this bespoke a sort of permission--the software in its wisdom,
would
let you do it.

Doug Nickerson
Author: "Official Netscape JavaBeans Developer's Guide"