Re: Word macro question HELP!

Subject: Re: Word macro question HELP!
From: Beth Friedman <bjf -at- WAVEFRONT -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 1999 13:51:22 -0500

At 01:33 PM 6/22/99 -0500, Julie Boskey wrote:
> A programmer I work with is having a tough time with a Word 95
>macro.
> Below is his email explaining the problem. If anyone can give him
> advice about the problem or where he can find the answer, we
would
> appreciate it.

Tell your friend that he should name his macro FileSave, not AutoClose.
This macro will then replace the built-in Save command. If he's a
belt-and-suspenders type, he should do something similar to the
"FileSaveAs" command. If he does this, he might want to build an
escape hatch for himself, something like NewFileSave that will close
the file without running the macro that can only be accessed from the
macro menu.

Hope that helps!

> Thanks.
> Julie
> jboskey -at- wheels -dot- com
>

>______________________________ Forward Header
>__________________________________
>Subject: Word macro question HELP!
>Author: Mike Gorgone at whq-mis
>Date: 6/22/99 1:20 PM
>

> I am currently trying to create a macro to validate data entries
on
> form. I want the macro to run when the user tries to save the
>form.
> If all the required fields have data, I want the save to
continue.
> If a required field does not have data, then I want the save to
>abort
> and the focus of the program to jump to the empty field.
>
> I currently have the macro working and I named it AutoClose to
run
> when the program shuts down. However there are two problems.
>

> 1) The user can select the save button and still save the form
>with
> the incorrect data.
>
> 2) If the user tries to exit word or close the document the macro
> fires. The macro notifies the user there are empty fields the
>user
> then gets the message to either save, not save or cancel the save
> operation.
>
> I want the macro to fire during a save not when the program
closes
> down or when the document is closed. Is there any way to do
this?

> Any help would be appreciated, replies can be posted here or sent

> mgorgone -at- wheels -dot- com
>

> Thanks,
> Mike

=
>===
>Send commands to listserv -at- listserv -dot- okstate -dot- edu (e.g., SIGNOFF

"UNIX is user friendly. It's just selective about who its friends are."
Beth Friedman
bjf -at- wavefront -dot- com

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=