Re: [techshoret] Online help and topic color choices

Subject: Re: [techshoret] Online help and topic color choices
From: EZRIEL <ezriel -at- GALOR -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 1999 11:01:19 +0200

Hi Debbie
While black on white provides the best contrast, some concession must be
made to end-users. The pale yellow background is considerably softer and
easier on the eyes.
I can also state this from experience. When I was in college, so many
years ago, I took a few courses in experimental psychology. One
experiment involved reading a short paragraph printed with black ink on
white, pale yellow, pale green and pale blue paper. The 250 subjects
were asked to select the one they found more appealing. I remember
clearly that the pale yellow received more than twice as many votes then
the three others combined.

Ezriel Yellin, Technical Writer ezriel -at- galor -dot- com
Gal-Or Systems and Software Development Ltd.
Tel-Aviv, Israel
Time's fun when you're having flies.
- Kermit the Frog -

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=