Re: HUMOR: Survey of recent TECHWR-L Posts APOLOGY

Subject: Re: HUMOR: Survey of recent TECHWR-L Posts APOLOGY
From: "Beard, Samuel" <Samuel -dot- Beard -at- GSC -dot- GTE -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 1999 12:11:09 -0700

John,

Offhand, I can't think of any posts by Andrew that you would approve of,
but that's not because there aren't any. It's simply because I read the
posts that interest me, save ones that provide information that I feel could
benefit me in my work at some future time, and delete the others without
much thought about what they contained. Some people simply find others
"abrasive, sarcastic, condescending, demeaning, or ranting" while others
don't. That's human nature. As I said, make use of the delete function. I
certainly do.

By the way, as I was typing up this response, someone else responded
directly to me and reminded me of the post by Andrew concerning how to
interview for a job. Perhaps that's one that you might approve of from
Andrew. I'm sure that a simple search of the archives would bring up others
from Andrew that would be seen as constructive and sound advice without
condescending or demeaning most of the readers. Furthermore, I received a
message from another list member supporting my original post on this topic,
as well. I'm not repeating the names of these two list members, concluding
that if they had wanted their names known, they would have responded to the
list, as I did.

Sam Beard

John Posada wrote:

Samuel.

I've been an active list member for more than 4 years.
Refer me to one post in the last 6 months where he
instructed or assisted someone to work through a
specific problem or issue in an objective,
instructional, and non-abrasive manner that wasn't
sarcastic, condescending, demeaning, or constructed as
a generalized rant (and yes, rants can be funny)
against humanity, or even just everyone in a business
who might have felt or acted in a specific manner.

A simple answer to a simple question.

You do that and I will publicly post an appology to
all 4,000 plus readers.

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=