Re: Question: Market for Technical Writing

Subject: Re: Question: Market for Technical Writing
From: Sella Rush <sellar -at- APPTECHSYS -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 1999 13:38:38 -0700

To Ed Gomez's friend:

I'd recommend signing up for this list for a while. I think we present a
pretty accurate picture of the tech comm industry and the day-to-day
concerns of tech writers. We tend to get extremes, but there are also
plenty of practical, middle-road posts.

I'd also suggest looking into a tech writing class at a local college, or an
online university. I know of at least two universities with online tech
writing classes--Utah State and UCLA--and I'm sure there are others.

Also check out About.com's tech writing site: www.techwriting.about.com
It has a whole section of links for "beginners"

Sella Rush
mailto:sellar -at- apptechsys -dot- com
Applied Technical Systems (ATS)
Bremerton, Washington