Re: Question: Market for Technical Writing

Subject: Re: Question: Market for Technical Writing
From: Michele Marques <mmarques -at- CMS400 -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 1999 10:47:01 -0400

Chris Kowalchuk <chris -at- BDK -dot- NET> writes of a hybrid type, of
English majors with technical aptitude.

Melissa Morgan <mmorgan -at- INTREPID -dot- CDG-HARGRAY -dot- COM> writes
of being an English major with technical experience.

Some of us were technical majors who have English skills (ok, so I took
all the writing courses available in highschool and took university
writing courses while in highschool). I definitely think that my experience
working in other areas of computing (computer operator, programmer,
helpdesk staff, system administrator and computer trainer!) have
definitely improved my skills as a technical writer and are a big plus in
communicating with both programmers and users. It's also great to be
able to fix some of my technical difficulties when the programmers and
local "pc support" don't have time.

Michele Marques
Technical Writer, CMS Manufacturing Systems
mmarques -at- cms400 -dot- com
905-477-4499 x280

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=