Word Master Documents

Subject: Word Master Documents
From: Karen Neeb <KNeeb -at- WINNEBAGO -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 1999 14:05:20 -0500

Graham wrote:
I have a question--I am trying to combine several unwieldly, massive
documents, about thirty in all, into one cohesive text. My problem is a
combination of inexperience with Word, poorly writtn user's manuals (from
Microsoft and private authors), and evidently not near enough memory on my
machne, which seems completely unvbelievable. When i try to insert these
large
documents into a Master Document, I can get through maybe three of them
before
I get "not enough memory" messages on my screen.<snip>

Karen replies:
We use MS Word 97, and rather than using Master Documents or having one huge
document, we have separate documents created from templates (You can also
attach templates to existing documents so you have consistent styles
throughout all your documents). For table of contents and indexes, we use
Referenced Document fields. This has worked very well for us.

There's an excellent article at: www.istc.org.uk/wordcan.htm
<http://www.istc.org.uk/wordcan.htm>

Good luck!
Karen