Cost Analysis for FrameMaker

Subject: Cost Analysis for FrameMaker
From: KDALT -at- MICRONPC -dot- COM
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 1999 15:08:38 -0600

Hello,
I just moved into a new Technical Writing job where the TechComm department
uses PageMaker for the majority of their technical user manuals which are on
average 100-200 pages long. I have expressed my concern to my supervisor
that PageMaker is not the right tool for the job and FrameMaker would be a
better choice. She agrees with me, but before I can order FrameMaker she
has asked me to create a cost analysis in terms of how much the department
can save by using FrameMaker instead of PageMaker (time spent formatting,
creating indexes, etc.). I have never done a cost analysis, and I am not
sure what needs to be included, items to consider, etc.
Do you have any resources, ideas, or tips that I could use?
Thank you in advance and let me know if you need any more information....

Kari Alt
Micron Electronics, Inc.
kdalt -at- micronpc -dot- com

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=