Re: Distance Learning Programs

Subject: Re: Distance Learning Programs
From: "Backer, Corinne" <CBacker -at- GLHEC -dot- ORG>
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 1999 13:12:40 -0500

Do you want undergraduate or graduate courses? (FYI, I have a BA in
something else, but when I talked to univs, they seemed to think I should
start at the graduate level due to experience.)

The University of Minnesota-Twin Cities campus has a well-regarded master's
and/or PhD program in STC. They do offer some classes on line, but I don't
believe the program can be completed in total via the Internet. But it might
be a good place to start. See:
http://www.rhetoric.umn.edu
(Oddly enough, the STC classes at UM are in the Rhetoric department. Search
me.)

Also, I did a search on this a while ago, and came up with this:
http://www.jergroup.com/
http://www.gsu.edu/~wwwtwc/index.html (Georgia State)
http://www.io.com/~hcexres/tcm1603/acchtml/acctoc.html (this one seems to be
all online)

and I think you might really find this one helpful
http://techwriting.miningco.com/msub10.htm

Good luck! School's the best investment in the world.

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=