Re: Pc v. Mac

Subject: Re: Pc v. Mac
From: Ivan Huska <ivan_huska -at- EPICDATA -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 1999 13:32:46 -0700

Hi Bill,

It's not necessarily a question of which platform is more common or "better".

The real question is: If most of your technical documents are on the Mac, do
you want to spend the time and resources to convert them over to PC.

Converting older versions of Mac PageMaker, and Word docs to PC is time
consuming. I am not sure if Frame conversions are any easier.

Another question is: how well does your MIS group support the Macs. After the
switch to PCs here, there are a few Macs left (graphic designer), but our
in-house support is minimal.

The whole company went from Mac to PC here and it is fine except for the
conversions. We don't have to do them often, but when we do it does take extra
time for cleanup and replacing some graphics, etc.

HTH

Ivan

Bill Fetzner wrote:

> Most of our documents are prepared in Frame, Page or Word in the ratio of
> about
> 70/10/20.
>
> Question: Which platform is in the most common use and, consequently,
> considered better for pure technical writing projects?

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=