Re: Pc v. Mac

Subject: Re: Pc v. Mac
From: Ann Howell <ahowell -at- POOLMAIL -dot- DOLPHINSOFTWARE -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 1999 16:54:52 -0400

Although I love my Mac (I have a fully loaded G3 sitting on my desk at home), I
think you'll find that PC's are the machines of choice for technical
documentation. Mostly just because that's what all the developers and other
SME's are using. I don't think one platform is inherently better that the other
in terms of document creation (FrameMaker, MS Word and PageMaker work equally
well on both platforms), but I think it will probably come down to
accessibility. Will the Marcomm group want to access and edit the tech docs, or
will the docs stay within your group? Graphics should not be an issue,
especially for low-res B&W images.

In the end, I'd recommend going with the platform you're most comfortable with.
After all, you're the ones who are going to working on the docs day after day
(after day, after day...)

Ann Howell
Dolphin Software
http://dolphinsoftware.com