Looking for magazine suggestions

Subject: Looking for magazine suggestions
From: Paul Branchaud <paul -at- ZEROKNOWLEDGE -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 1999 09:26:19 -0400

Happy Wednesday to all!

One of the new perks my company has offered employees is paying for two
magazines of professional interest. I know of only a small handful of
magazines that appeal to Technical Writers, and I was wondering if my more
informed counterparts could suggest some good mags that might help me become
a better writer and communicator. I have searched through the TECHWR-L
archives with only minimal success on this subject.

We are developing a software product that is intended for a very wide
audience base (from novice to very experienced). My tasks currently
encompass writing online help and user docs (online for web purchases, paper
delivery for retail product is still up in the air) and illustrating the
docs (primarily with screenshots). There is also server-level documentation,
primarily in the form of man pages. As the company and department grows, I
will probably be dealing with some management or supervisory issues as well.
I also readily admit that my planning skills need help.

Is there a magazine (or two) that anyone can suggest will inform and help me
in these areas?

Many thanks in advance,

Paul
--------------------Zero-Knowledge: Nothing Personal--------------------
Paul "RTFM Guy" Branchaud (mailto:paul -at- zeroknowledge -dot- com)
Lead Technical Writer, Zero-Knowledge Systems http://zeroknowledge.com
PGP Fingerprint: 19D9 5519 BC71 E926 82AA B8C2 0561 B128 9F3E 84E3
A journey of a thousand miles starts with a single step. -- Chinese Proverb

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=