help authoring tools

Subject: help authoring tools
From: Chris Ketcham <chrket -at- ROBBINSGIOIA -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 1999 15:45:43 -0400

Hello,

At the end of March, I posted to the list asking for opinions on help
authoring tools (HATs). I received a number of replies, with some people
requesting my findings when my evaluation was finished.

I'm sorry to have not responded sooner. I was pulled onto another project
that is keeping me so busy I've had to suspend myself from list
participation for the forseeable future.

I have three files that summarize my work. If you are interested, please
contact me directly; I'll be happy to send what you want. (Note: I will be
out of the office 7/12 - 7/16)

The files (in Word 97):

Help Tool Questionnaire.doc (23K) -- the questions assembled by my tech-head
project manager and me, which I posed to the HAT developers.

Helptool_table.doc (99K -- in table format; not easily convertible to
TXT)--summary of the answers received from the HAT companies.

HAT Comments.doc (73K)--cut and paste compilation of the off-list responses
I received from list members

Chris Ketcham
Sr. Technical Writer, Jaguar & SaRS
Robbins-Gioia, Inc. / Metro Washington, D.C.
chrket -at- robbinsgioia -dot- com
My opinions only. Check out www.radicalhonesty.com.
"In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary
act"--George Orwell.

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=